Repetition of form and method frequent in my practice as a means of retrieving something, to recover/uncover that which is lost. Repetition allows for contemplation, reminiscence and a meditative state.
As a conceptual artist it is the ambiguity of presence/absence, the threshold of disintegrated/recovered memory that I explore, creating a physical material language that is evocative of nostalgia, evident of the ephemeral, ethereal and hinting at loss, salvage and longing.
- Solo Exhibition Memory Warp Memory Weft Arts Space Wodonga August 2019
- Solo Exhibition Memory Woven Beechworth Library, Indigo Shire Council May-June 2018
- Finalist in 2018 Swan Hill Acquisitive Print and Drawing Awards.
- Solo Exhibition Studies for the Void GIGS Gallery Wodonga April-May 2018
- Feature Artist Murray Arts https://murrayarts.org.au/index.php/beth-peters